Saturday 25 May 2013

Books, Glorious Books!

My Passion


Growing up, I was surrounded by the arts...music, theatre, tv and movies, dance and books. Some of my most loved memories are of my sister and my mum and I pushing aside all the chairs in the lounge-room and rocking-out to some song like we were holding stage at Woodstock, or standing on a chair, hair-brush microphone in hand, belting out a rock ballad after some teenage angst rocked my world off its axis, or finding a quiet moment in the chaos that was my family home, to sit and sink into the rich world of a well-written book. Those memories, that love of the arts, has shaped my life and has gotten me through some of the darkest times in my life. Even now, the release dates of my favourite authors new books gets jotted down in my planner next to doctors appointments, assessment due dates and friends birthdays, because books fuel my soul like few others things do. 

Over the last few years, my love of books has shifted from fantasy and sci-fi to life-affirming, bone-meltingly intense romance books. Books that are set in a world that you can sink into and never want to leave, with vibrant characters, witty and hillarious dialogue and singing sex scenes. Books by authors such as Kristen Ashley, Jill Shalvis, Roxie Rivera, Rebecca Zannetti, Jennifer Ashley, Tessa Bailey, Elle Kennedy, Vivian Arend, Lorelei James, Suzanne Wright and Jessica Clare (just to name a few!). In this blog, I'll be reviewing books from all of these authors, plus plenty more! 

I have reviewed books for many years on Amazon, but have never written them down in an independent forum. This blog is going to be an outlet for my most favourite of hobbies...reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment